Saturday, May 5, 2007

Livermore – Napa jr.

Matt’s parents are in town and, while there is no end of great things to do in SF, we decided to make our way to Livermore. Matt and Don went to play golf at Wente (undoubtedly one of the nicest courses I’ve ever seen) while Kathleen and I made our way to the towns’ art and wine festival. I never knew much about Livermore. I knew it was somewhere roughly in the middle of no-where, but that’s about it. The town is surrounded by wineries covering the hills. Cars on the road vary from BMW and Mercedes to monster trucks and American made macho mobiles. Walking the streets of the festival I started to feel extremely old. It seemed like a high school reunion grounds for people in their 50s down to recent grads.

Here’s the granny in me - the teens and 20s wore skimpy dresses and shorts and I felt like lecturing them on hiding bra straps and underpants under their clothes. One girl had her shorts rolled down so you could see the top of her sparkly pink skivvies while her tank top was twisted such that – well, you get the picture. Back to San Francisco even the teenage Marina girls look modest to me.

Goodness I feel old.

No comments: