Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who designed that??

Riding home from work today I was "Sunday biking" - in other words, I was going at a glacial pace taking in the sites - namely, the tourists and San Franciscans. A few years back San Francisco got voted worst dressed city - I love this city, but I'm afraid I have to agree.

Here are a few of the culprits:
  • The off-the-shoulder sweater: if clothes were designed for function and style, was this was designed for big-headed women?
  • The shoulder pads: I swear, I saw some and I really hope they don't make a come-back. I remember the old blond joke "Why did the blond wear shoulder pads?" The answer? Nodding head side to side with ears hitting shoulders "I don't know."
  • The boyfriend jeans: Matt made the best comment on these last night, "So, are those for girls with no boyfriend to wear and pretend they have a boyfriend? Weird."
  • The gladiator sandals: I know people love these but I don't get them. The tan they render is awful, the comfort factor minimal, and the style points negligible - they look like nice shoes a dog got ahold of and tore up.
Gosh, 83 plastic surgery visits and I could be a Rivers!

No comments: