Tuesday, February 10, 2009

To tell or not to tell?...

We've all had those instances where we're with someone who has a giant something in their teeth. So here's the age old question - do you tell them, or wait for them to look in the mirror to figure it out themselves? I think the hope with doing the latter is that it'll be less embarrassing for the food-endowed-tooth person. No way! How would you like to walk around with food in your mug all day knowing people have been staring and not saying anything?

Take it to the next level - the stranger. Do you tell or not? Here are some circumstances to think on:
  • Price-tag lady - yesterday I saw a label clad woman walking down the street with dressed up men on either side (co-workers?) talking about the "posh life." As she walked, the red Lohman's clearance sticker kept flashing before my eyes - from the bottom of her shoe. Posh life my right foot. To tell? Or not to tell?
  • Lettuce teeth server - I frequent a place called "Mixt Greens" for an over-priced salad lunch too often. One day, a server had some mixed greens in their teeth (oddly enough, the green matched that of my spinach salad). To tell? Or not to tell?
  • Booger boss - let me preface this with my boss is perfect in every way (and reads this blog from time to time) but what would you do if your boss had a giant boogy? Take it to the next level - what if they had a biggun and were going into a Board Meeting just after talking to you about a project that would require all weekend long work? To tell? Or not to tell?

No comments: