Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin time!

This morning I thought I saw a man in costume on my way to work. Nope, he was just wearing a cape ... odd ... maybe he was off to some ritual (work?) or maybe he was just early for Halloween.

To get ready for Halloween, this weekend Ryan, Linzy, and I resurrected our own Halloween rituals (no capes involved). Pumpkin carving!

At first I tried to set up with just place mats and a plastic bag - Linz and Matt quickly corrected that.









Then we got down to work - a salami and cheese plate, SATC on the DVD player, and gossip galore, we were ready to carve:

Here's the thing, though - Linz is the artistic one, Ryan is the realistic one, and I'm ... um, the knee jerk one?









We couldn't decide what to carve, so I did the first thing I saw - a candle (we have a TON in the living room). Linz was a bit smarter and stuck with Halloween fashion:









Maybe next year will bring more creativity ... and an SATC movie part 2.

No comments: