Friday, October 10, 2008

Come run with me!

Monday I'm leading my first "Fun Run" with Lululemon on Union Street. We're starting the run at 6:30pm in front of the store. When everyone meets up, I'm going to ask people to decide how far/fast they want to go - then we'll break off in groups. I've made a few maps for folks to use (and more are on their way).

A little plug for the store that inspired me to start this:
Breathe. Laugh. Stretch. Run.
Why run with the group on Mondays?
  • Meet new people
  • Get motivated to go that extra mile
  • Run with volunteers from Girls on the Run (myself included!)

And a plug for the cause that keeps me motivated:
Girls on the Run provides after school running programs for girls aged 8-13, and teaches them core life skills and values such as teamwork and fitness. At the end of the program, the girls complete either a 1M or 5K race.

You can learn more online: www.gotrbayarea.org. OR, come run Monday and I'll tell you more.


Have I convinced you to run yet?


3+miles:
Up to Broadway > up a BIG hill and into the Presidio > down to Palace of Fine Arts > back up to Union












6+ miles:
Start at Union > down to Marina Green > along Chrissy Field and the water > turn at warming hut > back up along the water > up to Palace of Fine Arts > up to Broadway > over to Fillmore > down to Union (pretty flat)

No comments: