Monday, April 9, 2007

Case of the Mondays

It was a grueling day at work – I chalk it up to a case of the Mondays. As soon as I got in my car this afternoon (still surrounded by sunlight which is always nice) the stress seemed to drop away and I felt instant relief. Strangely, my head was filled with music (I know, it sounds mildly like adult schizophrenia onset but trust me it’s just marketing taking it’s toll):
“I am go-ing to San Francisco
Don’t have flowers,
but I will soon be there
On the road to San Francisco
The stress is gone – just seems to disappear”

If you didn’t already guess this is to flowers in your hair (a not-so-modern rendition). Driving home was a bit eerie. The 280 was beautiful as always, a long stretch but nice nonetheless. The road was empty though which was the first off sign. The tenderloin was also void of cars; the true twilight zone setting. The usual suspects lined the streets hopping off and on the sidewalk to some silent beat. This isn’t the Bay Area I’m used to. What happened to the traffic? Where was the comforting road rage? The strangest thing - instant parking! This must still be a dream…

No comments: