Friday, May 23, 2008

305 Report

I woke up earlier this morning because I was so excited to test my new 305. The "test" didn't fare so well. After strapping everything on - the Iron Man-esque watch and the Boys Don't Cry-ish heart rate monitor (gotta throw some analogies in to paint a picture) I hit every button I could and was out the door.

The Garmin makes a noise somewhat like a 90s video game so jogging down the street I was accompanied by Pearl Jam (iPod) and beepbleepbloopblap. Kinda embarrassing to be honest.

After my first mile I looked down totally excited to see what my pace and elevation were. Turns out I hit the wrong button because the computer on my wrist read 600cal, 40min to go, 46:04 lap pace. Hm - something wrong here.

After mile two I found myself groping (sorry for the blunt description) as the heart rate monitor was making it's way down my torso and to my hips. Ugh.

In the midst of reading my Garmin, adjusting my heart rate monitor, and taking in the sun-rise (it is pretty darn spectacular over the bridge in the morning) I hit a root and twisted my ankle.

This is definitely going to take some practice.