Sunday, December 2, 2007

'Tis the season to be busy

Belly dancing, concert, dinner, rock climbing and shopping - oh my! The temperature has dropped about 20 degrees, and activities picked up an equal amount - roughly x20.

This weekend kicked off with an SNP dinner with Lynnette and Jess - somewhere in the middle of the Richmond (I thought we were in another city it felt so far away). The restaurant was amazing - decorated perfectly with pillows, gold and blue paint, and hanging cloth panels. During dinner the resident belly dancer got us up (ok, me) and grooving.

Friday we enjoyed a concert night - Iron and Wine. Linz, Steve, Matt and I met at Bart, had a quick Stop 'n Go deli dinner (with mini bottles of wine - classy) and boarded Bart to Oakland. At the concert I learned two things - Iron and Wine is amazing, and Oakland has a tighter density of hairy men than I've seen anywhere since Eastern Europe (99% of the men there had beards, staches, or goatees).

Saturday was a day of rest - shopping rest. Ashley and I made our way to Marin on the hunt for the perfect glasses. Instead, I got a dress and Christmas presents. Post shopping we explored the backroads of Sausalito to find the perfect sushi place (having lunch at 2:30 the "perfect sushi place" was the only place that was opened).

Saturday night brought dinner with Rob and Emily - they were doing Christmas presents before dinner by the ice skating ring at Embarcadero so it kicked off the dinner with holiday cheer.

Finally, the weekend came to a close with a fitness day Sunday - gym then rock climbing with Rob and Emily.

I need a nap from all this!

1 comment:

Dasher said...

I am glad that you are discovering the amazing cuisine and cultural opportunities in the faraway Richmond. Was the restaurant Aziza? I notice that they offer valet parking for people who don't have your patience looking for parking spaces.