Saturday, November 24, 2007

Niceism

It's been a perfect San Francisco weekend - extended. The length isn't why it's been perfect, but it sure is nice! Last night Matt, Steve, Linz and I went out in North Beach, then over to Union Square, and finally wound up in China Town. A mini city tour if you will. Today mom and I made our way up to Healdsburg - the long way (through Napa, Gernseville, and Yountsville - basically everywhere with a funny name).

While there are a million isms and stories buried in the activities mentioned above, this is about nice gestures. After leaving Marin and aggressively driving back to SF (I live in the city, it's my nature, I can't help it) I was winding around looking for parking. First I passed the lineup on Lombard so wound the other way to cut the line. At the top of the hill was a smoking car with a burned out clutch - oofa. As I made my way down Lombard I struck gold - parking! And it was easy to pull into the 45degree angle spot - it seemed although there was a long line to get to the windy part of the hill, the line wasn't moving. After I parked I noticed another car was smoking - but this one was stuck halfway up the hill (unlucky day for a handful of tourists). A few cars back people were honking and looking quite perturbed. A moment later, a car pulled up onto the sidewalk and all the occupants hopped out - a group of 4 young men - they ran up to the stalled car and without too much hub-uh started pushing until they got the car to the top of the hill.

Above and beyond.

Great to see there are such good hearted people.

No comments: