Saturday, December 22, 2007

Headin' Down South

I don't know how it happened, but the holidays are not only upon us, they're almost over! After a whirlwind week wrap up at work (returning from Vegas and dealing with the emails that encroached upon my inbox) Matt and I packed up last night to get out of dodge. Miraculously, we woke this morning at 5am rearing to go - OK, that sounds nicer than it was. We woke at 5am, couldn't get back to sleep, and since I knew I could sleep in the car we hit the road (Matt is too nice sometimes).

Driving down we hit the precursory traffic in LA - if there weren't traffic, it wouldn't be LA. After a nice healthy lunch stop at In 'n Out, we were in the homestretch. I was so bummed stopping - somehow I got my hopes up I'd see a barefoot Britney, but no. Oh well, maybe on the way home.

Crossing into the SD boarder, I realized we weren't in Northern California anymore. All of a sudden cars and trucks seemed to be bigger, clothing smaller, drivers more aggressive (yes, more!), and bumper stickers redder.

The funniest part about making it in to town, as I was cursing the double wide wrangler that cut us off, was Matt said, "You know, even as a kid I had Nor Cal tendencies" eluding to the fact that he was "nice" on the road. Mm hmm.

No comments: