Friday, December 14, 2007

Just another SF Friday

How does time work? if at one moment you’re walking down the street and you’re in the best mood, and someone says hello and they’re not that good looking and have a weird affect, you say “ey” and keep walking as quickly as possible, how would you have acted in another moment? Say a moment of depression? Or boredom? Or drunkenness? Or sympathy?

Linz, Steve, John, Matt and I went to the Groove for dinner tonight and it was excellent. After (too much) sushi, we went to a wine bar for a toast and a conversation, mostly around ‘what would you do if you weren’t doing….’

After wine, the crew were headed out to meet another group of fun #somthings. Being too tired. I decided to head home.

Almost home I happened upon a short, khaki and blue sweater clad man (balding in the back, but that goes without saying). I decided to stay back a few feet – avoid conversation at all costs, you know. When I sped too much. “Hi, how are you?” He said. “fine, how’s every ting for you?” I blurted. “Well, I’m in San Francisco…what do you think?...? Great!” My heart skipped. The city is happy again. The city makes people happy.

No comments: