Saturday, November 17, 2007

Look at me, look at me!

We all know San Francisco is filled with characters - there are the richies, the not so richies (and probably will never hit that stratosphere due to SF prices), the loonies, and everything in between.

Driving home from work Friday I made it to the T-loin (after 2-hours on the road ... ugh). The stretch between the freeway and Taylor is always an obstacle course - people jump in front of the cars, deals 'go down' on the sidewalk, and folks set up shop on all corners.

One T-loiner caught my eye above all the rest - he had an orange cone on his head and was rocking out on the corner. He may not have known what exactly he was doing - his eyes didn't seem to be registering much - but somewhere deep down I think he was screaming "look at me, look at me!"

The last time I saw this same kind of behavior was at a frat party in college. The good 'ol days.

No comments: