Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm ready to move

I never thought I'd write that. This morning I woke up though and nearly stepped in something that makes me want to go running for the burbs. The "something" was a homeless woman doing her business on my front door step!

You may think that's enough detail, but no, I'm going to go there.

When I got to the bottom of the steps, I saw a pile of rags out front. At first I didn't think anything - it's the day after Halloween so maybe at the end of the night someone changed their costume to that of a streaker. Nope, wrong, it was a bum pile.

Opening the door I was horrified to see a woman shishi'ing right on the steps! Nast!! I quickly tried to run out and get away while closing the door behind me, but my computer bag got stuck so as the woman finished up I had to un-twine myself from my house.

It's so sad that now I sit in a heated office musing on this morning's occurrence and writing about it like a thing rather than a person in this comical manner. But what can you do? I don't want to go into the politics of it all. Thinking about where she came from and how she got there is an ongoing brain battle.

I just want that image out of my head.

No comments: