Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh the pain!

Since the rain seems to be subsiding, for a bit anyhow, I've decided it's time to get back sunny-weather-ready. Now really, living in SF, this just means capris and Lululemon sweatshirts, but still, effort is required.

Tonight I joined the ranks of 20-30-something SFites working for muscle at the Bar Method in Embarcadero. I thought the walk would be a bit further than it was, but somehow I arrived to the studio in just 5minutes (sorry to whomever I accidentally pushed out of the way on my hustle and bustle route through the city). While waiting, I enjoyed the cooking magazine in the lounge which wound up to be a bit of a set back as all I could think about during the class was steak and chocolate mousse.

This city truly offers the best fitness regimes - walking the countless hills, running groups galore, yoga 'til you can stretch no more, ROTC workouts by the shore (I had to throw that one in ... I'm cheesey, what can I say).

1 comment:

Dasher said...

This reminds me of a recent gym encounter... I was hiking through Berkeley on my way to a cultural event and was startled to see an army of spandex warriors marching toward me through a picture glass window on University Avenue. The effect was rendered more ominous by mirrors on the walls that multiplied the troop count. You probably realize it was just a bunch of exercise nuts on treadmills, but it had the feeling of that 1984 Apple commercial. I think a steady diet of SF hills and mousse is better for you in the long run!