Saturday, July 14, 2007

Race made easy


For the past two years Linzy and I have pretended to be "real runners" and gasped our way through the Napa to Sonoma half marathon. This year Linzy is off to Columbia (hard life) for a wedding so I was preparing to run alone. The requisite 2-months before the race I logged on to Active.com to pay too much just to feel pain. It was sold out!
After stalking news about the race online I discovered my favorite sporting good store (Sports Basement) would be selling 75 more spots on Friday afternoon. I took the day off work and waited until 11:15 to make my way to Sports Basement only to find the numbers opened up at 11 and were sold out in 10 minutes. Where are all these runners coming from?! So not fair. Now I'll just have to suck it up and enjoy the sales in the city.

No comments: