Thursday, July 26, 2007

Go Green or Go Away!

Molly is spearheading a green movement at work which is making me a lot more conscious of the wasteruls in the world. Although in San Francisco we tend to lean to the left and preach world saving practices, I'm not sure we practice what we preach. I've now been called out numerous times for showing up to work with my paper Starbucks (fondly known of as All My Bucks) cup. Negative 2 green points for me.

Sunday I was at Whole Foods (another wallet sinker we like to call Whole Paycheck) with green on the mind. After being pushed around the aisles for a too packed store with the cities poshest vying for the healthiest snacks, I made it to checkout. In the line next to me was a woman buying 10 Smart Water bottles - the Jennifer Aniston line must be paying off. As the checker was swiping all the bottles through, the woman said "Oh, I brought bags to help save paper ... but I left them in the car. Oh well, I'll just take plastic please."

Here's what I think ... if you're going to green-it, mean-it!

No comments: