Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I WON! Ish.


...But I got robbed. I already posted my results from the Angel Island trail race (57:08 for a 12k). Turns out, the girl who was listed as first actually cut off a mile and a half leaving me, you guessed it, #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First time I've ever beat the clock/other ladies.

Not time to celebrate, though. Envirosports emailed me that they had difficulty tracking the runners' time and, because I changed from the 25k to the 12k (even though I asked if it was OK before the race), they were adding 12-hours to my time. Boo. To "make it up" they're giving me a $30 discount off future races. The real first place prize is a t-shirt, rubber chicken (it's a fun group - not organized, but fun), and shoes. $30 pales in comparison.

"Winning" is not so exciting after all.

No comments: